Branding Government Contractors May 01, 2012, by Peter Mirus in Branding, Government Contracting
A strong brand is a true asset for the government contractor, so the contractor that has been inattentive to the development and/or maintenance of its brand may have a liability on its hands.
Here are some points of consideration as to why a poor approach to branding can hurt, or hold back, a government contractor. Each post presents a problem associated with poor branding and provides the solution that will lead to performance improvement.
- Inadequate consideration of your various markets/audiences
- Blurred message content which creates unnecessary resistance to building relationships
- Lack of emotional resonance in your messaging
- Lack of necessary information to make good decisions
- Internal confusion regarding direction of the business leads to operational inefficiencies
Finally, I answer some objections that contractors have raised about investing in branding and marketing.